Thursday, January 10, 2013

DERMOT O'LEARY - No.39

TECHNOLOGY IN ACTION
radioleary
radioleary: Just had a beer with an old fashioned ring pull. I love that sound. Sounds like... Victory. Someday this wars going to end.. Etc etc.
GodsGift1983
GodsGift1983: @radioleary but did you know....
WriteFilmDesign
WriteFilmDesign: @radioleary I love the sound of old ring-pulls in the morning?
radioleary
radioleary: @WriteFilmDesign Old school baby.
GregJRutherford
GregJRutherford: @radioleary haha living the dream my friend!
radioleary
radioleary: @GregJRutherford Always big G, always.
spin1038Ryan
spin1038Ryan: .@radioleary Pulling the ring pull on a super can was one of lifes greatest pleasures. To think our kids will never know that joy #Nostalgic
radioleary
radioleary: @spin1038Ryan Tell me about it. It's the sound of history.

MASSAGE PARLOUR BLUES
radioleary
radioleary: Just had a massage from a Cambodian. Brilliant... But nothing induces terror more than 'that's the back done... Now turn over'
Tom Stubbs
StyleAndErrorUK: @radioleary What happens in Cambodia, stays in Cambodia. Turn over for Christ sake man.
radioleary
radioleary: Stick to the back... STICK TO THE BACK!

GET WELL
radioleary
radioleary: Get well soon Andrew Marr. Up there with Dimbleby as a BBC crown jewel .
samatlounge
samatlounge: Hear hear RT @radioleary: Get well soon Andrew Marr. Up there with Dimbleby as a BBC crown jewel .
radioleary
radioleary: @samatlounge Thanks Sam.

LOOKING OLDER
radioleary
radioleary: Sir Chris Hoy is one of those people u can't believe ur older than. He always looks so 'wise uncle' like. @chrishoy
Theo Isms
TheoIsms: @radioleary Thats because he's a Time Lord Dermot, I wouldn't sweat it.
radioleary: @TheoIsms Ah... That would be it. Thanks.

TheGobzHeight: @radioleary He looks like a gentleman lizard, experienced and mature. What would one give for him to marry in one's family?

radioleary: @TheGobzHeight True, he'd make an excellent in law.

fionahogg12: “@radioleary:Sir Chris Hoy is one of those people u can't believe ur older than.He alwayslooks so'wise uncle' like.” @chrishoy compliment?!

radioleary: @fionahogg12 @chrishoy It sure is.

JamesLorimer: @JarredFarmer @radioleary Jesus Christ! I thought he was still late 20's for some reason, Early thirties at most!

radioleary: @JamesLorimer @jarredfarmer 'It's not the years, it's the mileage' fellas ... Indiana Jones.

THE #F BOMB TROLL

Jonny_lancaster: @radioleary your gay as fuck
radioleary: @Jonny_lancaster It's "you are!"
Jonny Lancaster ✌
Jonny_lancaster: @radioleary same thing ! You still knew what I meant
StaceyDavies29
StaceyDavies29: @radioleary @Jonny_lancaster: Here we go again!! PLEASE STOP!! with the abuse, he doesn't deserve it.
Jonny Lancaster ✌
Jonny_lancaster: @StaceyDavies29 @radioleary button it you

BATTERIES ARE FADING
AlisonJedwardX
AlisonJedwardX: iPods gonna die soon and @radioleary still hasn't tweeted me for my birthday :(( please dermot?
radioleary
radioleary: @AlisonJedwardX True. Happy Birthday... Is it always your birthday?
Exogenesis_1
Exogenesis_1: @radioleary Please can you wish me goodnight? Recently lost my husband & I can't sleep it would cheer me up :'(
radioleary
radioleary: @Exogenesis_1 Nite. X

FOOTY TRANSFERS
antfield10
antfield10: @arsenalpodcast Have @benwinston and @DanPBaldwin been sold in the transfer window? As for @radioleary - he is the Diaby of the podcast!
radioleary
radioleary: @antfield10 @arsenalpodcast @benwinston @danpbaldwin This is harsh... But fair.
benwinston
benwinston: @radioleary @antfield10 @arsenalpodcast @DanPBaldwin Dermot is Diaby, Dan is Chamakh. Everyone hopes he will be good, but always disappoints
radioleary
radioleary: @benwinston @antfield10 @arsenalpodcast @danpbaldwin  I am due however a Rosicky style come back.
boydhilton
boydhilton: @radioleary @benwinston @antfield10 @arsenalpodcast @danpbaldwin please god. On both Diaby and O'Leary
david silverman
silvermand3: @DanPBaldwin @benwinston @radioleary @arsenalpodcast @boydhilton and boyd is kroenke reaping all the profits while chaos insumes
radioleary
radioleary: @silvermand3 @danpbaldwin @benwinston @arsenalpodcast @boydhilton Love that. Or Deino, doing the deals.
boydhilton
boydhilton: @radioleary @silvermand3 @danpbaldwin @benwinston @arsenalpodcast Dein over Kroenke!

Factor host Dermot O’Leary has admitted that although he presents reality TV, he prefers period drama and secretly wants a role in Downton Abbey.
The former Big Brother’s Little Brother host said that the death of Lady Sybil in Downton Abbey was the standout moment of television in 2012. Asked by Digital Spy what he thought the TV highlights of last year were, he replied: ‘In terms of drama, Lady Sybil dying in Downtown Abbey literally just knocked me and my wife for six. ‘We were like, “What? She can’t be dead”. Man, we were bawling our eyes out. And The Walking Dead Rick’s wife when she died through the caesarean, that killed us as well.’ ‘I’d want a full part in Downton or The Walking Dead, they’re probably my two favourite shows right now,’ O’Leary added when probed about which TV show he most wanted to star in. He also said he thought the BBC’s coverage of the Olympics was well done, adding: ‘It’s hard to look beyond the Olympics. [Super Saturday] was a proper one of those I’m glad [I saw]. It was like watching Rocky or something.’ But when it comes to what Dermot doesn’t like to watch, it seems reality shows are quite high up the list, with TOWIE getting the thumbs down from the X Factor front man. ‘You don’t want to be bitchy about anyone,’ he said, ‘But I’ve never been a fan of the constructed reality stuff [like] The Only Way Is Essex. My Twitter feed went mad [when] they did it live… [how] would someone think that show would work? TOWIE… wouldn’t be my cup of tea.’ And when asked what his guilty pleasures are, Dermot replied: ‘There’s that show, they don’t really make it anymore, about Trawlermen on the North Sea. I can’t get enough of that s**t, man. ‘That’s good stuff. I like Deadliest Catch, but they always catch crabs. They’re either going to catchcrabs or they’re going to die, whereas in Trawlermen there’s halibut, there’s monkfish.’

REMEMBER THE TIME?
Do you remember that time when Bruno Mars was on X Factor UK and Dermot O’Leary unknowingly snatched the microphone away before he could speak? 
 …and then Bruno tried to cover it up by pretending to wave? 

National Television Awards host Dermot O'Leary on 2012 TV highlights:

The nominees for the 2013 National Television Awards were announced earlier today (January 8), so Digital Spy thought we'd catch up with the ceremony's presenter (and a potential winner) Dermot O'Leary for a natter about everything telly. From Downton Abbey to the Olympics and The Walking Dead to TOWIE, the X Factor host and devout Arsenal fan (remember that, it'll be important later) covered pretty much all the best bits of the box from the last 12 months - and even dared to address Strictly Come Dancing's rise to dominance. We just hope Simon Cowell isn't reading...
 What was your TV highlight of 2012?
"It's hard to look beyond the Olympics. [Super Saturday] was a proper one of those I'm glad [I saw]. It was like watching Rocky or something, so that probably would be mine. "In terms of drama, Lady Sybil dying in Downtown Abbey literally just knocked me and my wife for six. We were like, 'What? She can't be dead'. Man, we were bawling our eyes out. And The Walking Dead Rick's wife when she died through the caesarean, that killed us as well."
What TV shows get you reaching for the 'off' button, and why?
"You don't want to be bitchy about anyone, but I've never been a fan of the constructed reality stuff [like] The Only Way Is Essex. My Twitter feed went mad [when] they did it live... [how] would someone think that show would work? TOWIE... wouldn't be my cup of tea."
So if you could cameo in any TV show what would it be?
"I wouldn't want a cameo man, I'd want a full part. I'd want a full part in Downton or The Walking Dead, they're probably my two favourite shows right now."
Well, you've already dressed up as a Downton lady...
"Not enough, not enough, man."
So what TV DVD box set would you take to a desert island?
"My wife's Scandinavian and it's one of those awful things where [the 'Scandi crime' phenomenon] passed us by, so it'd probably be The Killing. But then, I've always been a huge West Wing fan, so I could easily watch The West Wing over and over again."
What would you prefer, for Arsenal to win the Champions League or for you to finally beat Ant and Dec at the NTAs?
"Oh no, man! Arsenal have got more chance of winning the Champions League. I would say Arsenal. I know it's going to sound like a clichéd answer, but it's great to get nominated. You're never really in the game to win awards. But I like to think of myself as Arsenal and Ant and Dec as Manchester United, so the chances of me beating them are very slim indeed."
So do you think Ant and Dec are a sure thing for the 'Entertainment Presenter' award?
"I don't know. There's two of them, they're very good, they're very popular and they're always on telly. You know what, they deserve it every year. It's not like I look at it and go, 'The injustice of it all'. They're really, really good at their jobs, so it doesn't bother me that much."
What was your favourite TV show as a child?
"I think partly the reason I got so excited when they asked me to do The X Factor is I grew up watching Saturday night television - The Generation Game with Bruce Forsyth, Terry Wogan. Wogan's chat show was probably my favourite show when I was a kid because we watched it as a family." 
You should have your own chat show.
"Well, thank you. I'd like one eventually, but I think there's quite a few around at the moment so there's no room for another one."
Or maybe you could bring back The Generation Game...
"We don't want that to happen either. Maybe This Is Your Life, I'd quite like to do that. I think there's room for This Is Your Life. We've got Life Stories but that's a very different show. "I think there's room for it in the schedules, but you have to be over about 45 I think is the qualification. You wouldn't want to scrape the bottom of the barrel with the guests, you've got to have proper legends doing it. And you'd have to reinvent it as well."
What is your TV guilty pleasure?
"There's that show, they don't really make it anymore, about Trawlermen on the North Sea. I can't get enough of that s**t, man. That's good stuff. I like Deadliest Catch, but they always catch crabs. They're either going to catch crabs or they're going to die, whereas in Trawlermen there's halibut, there's monkfish."
What other TV shows would you love to present if you had the chance?
"There aren't many, to be honest with you. I'd love to do a music show, we're sort of developing a music show at the moment. What I'd really love to do is a live show every day. I'd love to do a breakfast show, but the viewership's not there, or you do something like The One Show, but I wouldn't want to host [that]."
Would you ever do Strictly Come Dancing if X Factor wasn't on the air anymore?
"No, I don't think so. I don't watch Strictly [because] a) I'm on television when it's on and b) Simon Cowell would kill me. It's probably not the show for me, so there'd kind of be no point. I always think you've got to do what you're interested in."
What about as a dancer? You've shown on X Factor you've got some moves...
"Thank you, I appreciate that. But I'd be going against all my choreographer's wishes."
And I suppose you couldn't bring the Dermettes with you either.
"Trust me, the Dermettes come everywhere with me now, they're a caveat."
The National Television Awards air live on January 23 on ITV. Fans can vote for their favourite shows now on the NTAs website.

AT THE AUDITIONS
RealJadeHoran
RealJadeHoran: @radioleary mr dermot o leary talking to us before our auditions :) 
RealJadeHoran: @radioleary with others :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment